NU MED LINK Webinar "PART II of Bowel, Bladder and Sexual Dysfunction after Cancer Treatment"
LINK download session
Virginia Pier is a graduate of Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville,
New York in Dance (1976), and California State University of Sacramento with a Masters in Physical Therapy (December 2004). Since 2005 she has worked at the Kaiser Permanente Medical Group in Sacramento, California. Ms Pier received her Lymphedema Certification (2005), and Women’s Health Certification (2011 - present). As a clinical specialist she has been instrumental in developing programs for oncology patients at Kaiser Permanente. Ms Pier is currently enrolled in the Cancer Rehabilitation Certification and the transitional DPT program at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.
This session provides an overview of how physical therapy can
address the needs of our cancer patients. We will focus on those who have had surgery
and/or chemotherapy and radiation to the pelvic region.
Following this presentation you will be able to:
- Make appropriate clinical decisions for your oncology patients with pelvic dysfunction
- Understand the difference between a high tone and low tone pelvic floor
- Provide external manual therapy, and exercise
- Discuss diet as part of treatment
- Determine if your patient should be seen by a pelvic specialist, or another oncology
Join us: Thursday May 31 st
Time: 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM Eastern Standard Time